- Cheaper. If you are on a tight budget and you can’t afford to have your website customized, then a template might be a more practical option. It is the cheapest option as compared to the website designing.
- Faster to go live. Since the template is already there, you just need to add the content and images and it will be good to go. If you want a shorter development time for your website, this one is for you.
- Doesn’t require technical know how. They do not require coding experience and adding content can usually be simply done.
Apart from these, they are available for free and they are easy to use than to design the site from the professionals.
- Not unique. Many other websites could look like yours.
- Limited customization. While you may be able to customize some features, these are usually limited.
- May not be search engine friendly. This could affect the traffic that goes to your website.
- May not work on all browsers. You may not be able to reach as many people as you want if they cannot access the site on their chosen browser.
Custom Web Design
- Personalized. If you want to add different features to your website, this can be done.
- Unique. If you want your site to look different from others, go with a custom design. It will be easier for people to remember since it’s unique.
- Search engine friendly. Your web designer could code it in a way that it will be easier to be found by search engines.
- Browser friendly. It could also be made so that it will load fast and easily on all browsers.
- Flexible and adaptive. If your company grows and you need to make changes in the future, this can be done with a custom website.
- Costs more. This is more expensive than using templates. However, if you look around, you could find Oxford web design services that will customize your website at a reasonable price.
- May need professional service for maintenance or updates. Unless you have coding knowledge or you have a personal tech do the updates, you will need to hire the web design company again for this.
Weigh the pros and cons of template and custom made websites to determine which is best for you. This article is very helpful to compare between the template designing and custom design.