A data warehouse is a cataloguing system used for the analysis and generation of reports. The information is stored in a warehouse that is loaded from operating systems. The statistics collected exceed the warehousing of online statistics for other applications before being used in the data warehouse for reporting and analysis.
Using intermediate levels, integration levels and access to accommodate critical functions, the typical data warehouse performs rapid operations in various departments of an organization. In the first stage, the staging of layers or a database is stored, the raw information extracted from incompatible sources and systems. The second level of integration will combine different information sets. This is achieved by converting the records of the intermediate layers that are stored in the operational information warehousing database.
Definition of data warehousing
Data warehousing focuses on storing detailed information. The source of the record is cleaned, printed and catalogued. Managers and other specialists can use this to collect data, process online analysis, investigate the market, as well as support decision making, etc. Obtain statistics or collected data, analyze, recover, upload, manage and store a dictionary of records. They are considered a necessary component. The extended definition of the data warehouse will also include a business intelligence tool, tools to remove or download information, and tools to manage and extract metadata.
Value of the data warehouse
All commercial organizations should direct the information that already exists in the organizations to useful and consistent compiled data. The facts will be transformed into responses and decisions that will support decision making in the organization. The concept of data warehousing is fundamental for the analysis of records. Analysis methods, such as descriptive and multidimensional analysis, are more than just traditional queries and reports. Combined with a data warehouse, these methods will simplify access.
- The history of the material is preserved, even if the original business systems do not.
- The details of the documentation are derived from multiple systems and integrated. A centralized vision of the entire organization is precious, mainly if the company has grown through the merger.
- The quality of the report has improved thanks to the consistent codes and reliable descriptions, notes, etc. Incorrect information is corrected immediately.
- Extracts from the organization are safe and reliable.
- For all the related chronicles of interest, a single model is maintained regardless of the source of information.
- The restructured accounting documentation increases the value for business users.
- Effective analytics improves productivity. Complex analytical queries are solved without problems, without affecting the work.
- Updated and revised historical information increases the value of business applications, such as managing customer relationships.
The functionality and workflow of the organization are accounted for using the data warehouse. By providing collective and complete information, the system will help you work smoothly and efficiently. Employees receive simultaneous training to facilitate access and ease of use.